Die Hard (1998)

So from one explosive film to another, this one is a little older but offers way more wise crackery!


Bruce Willis starrs as the off the record cop, John McClain.I really enjoyed the action scenes as i felt they had a home alone quality to them given the fact that he was trying to use his surroundings in the building to kill the Germans and prevent them form stealing the big bosses fortune.

I am not going to harp on about who gave the best performance in this one as I feel the die hard series has always played on the OMG factor as oppose to a strong story line or driving narrative. I will say however that the 'bromance' that is formed between the black LAPD cop and john over the walky talkies is quite special.


Now moving swiftly on to the stunts and set pieces which were nothing short of awesome! I would say that my favourite stunt was the part in which, John straps a computer to a seat and well what happens next is quite spectacular, I did not know you could make such a bang with an object so small. 

-Summary-
Anyhow i would say that Bruce Willis is brilliant as always, and Alan Rick man makes for the perfect German villain. I really like the die hard series and this one did not disappointing; i have now seen every one but the third and i am told that it is most likely the best one so i shall be interested to see how it pans out as it certainly has alot of competition.

I would give this film a rating of 8 pops!





Sorry this was only a short review, but I would like to leave you with a question:


Who is the best action hero?

I want to know who do you think is the most dangerous gun toting bad ass of the silver screen. An obviously it cant be anyone in spandex or a flowing cape, OK?

Leave your answers in the comment section.

If you enjoyed this review be sure to let me now. Any improvements or pointers would be greatly appreciated 
Thanks for reading





No comments:

Post a Comment